Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pointless

Three weeks have passed, and the blog backlog builds up. I returned a week ago from a short but eventful trip to Indonesia. Since my return I have been to two concerts – Roger Waters and Eric Clapton. Now I have to write about all of these, and here I am still trying to finish writing about what I did in November.

Yes. I’m a bad bad blogger. Spank me.

I may be completely wrong, but I think the interest this blog generates has diminished of late. I get the feeling that not so many people visit anymore. Not that I care. I’m going to write stuff anyway, sporadically or otherwise. But I can’t help getting that feeling.

These recent vacations to Auckland and Jakarta involved some severe consumption of alcohol and food, surprisingly (for me), more food that alcohol. As a result, I am fat. I’ve had grand plans for some time now to magically lose all this weight and metamorph into a Bruce Lee-like body, complete with kung-fu skills and Cantonese accent. Alas, this is not easy. Apparently, it’s very very hard (read – impossible). So I’ve settled for a lesser goal - reasonably lean body minus accent and kung-fu skills. Apparently, even this is not easy. A wise man dressed as a fitness instructor told me it involves exercise and a healthy diet, and dedication and motivation.

Whodathot?!

Anyhoo, given my rather alarming lack of motivation to do anything, except watch TV while inclining horizontally, I don’t think I am going to lose any weight. What I need right now is some major stress at work, or maybe some emotional trauma. I hear this results in rapid weight loss.

Last night, during one of these horizontally-inclined-TV-binges, I thought I felt my creative juices flowing inside me. (I found out later it was a false alarm, and that it was just gas.) But between the thought and the burp, I came up with a short (I mean really REALLY short) story. I have included it here for your reading pleasure. You’re welcome.

Untitled Really Really Short Story

Once upon a time, there was a man.

He died.

BURP!

The End

I told you the post was pointless. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I was going to title the post 'Untitled'. Then I decided to go with 'Untitled and Pointless', but realized that this is actually a title. So finally, it was just 'Pointless'. I write all this assuming you care a lot.

My next post will not be about what I did in November. It will be about buttocks. I'm sure you're tingling with anticipation.

2 comments:

Gorfus Horribulus said...

First of all, interest in your blog has not diminished. The frequency of your posts has diminished. So post again, and that right quickly.

Besides, if you're going to be writing about buttocks, I am going to be glued to your blog until the post comes up....

-gorf

ImmaculateMissConception said...

hmmm......
the post about buttocks isnt for me, is it?
I remember you using the phrase "tingling with anticipation" in a conversation about certain methods of disciplining certain young boys....funnily that conversation involved buttock too...
AND FOR ANYONE HERE WHO READS THIS COMMENT AND THINKS I AM A PERV, well..err..maybe i am...but when i say young boys....they were all above 18....just so its clear...