Saturday, January 13, 2007

Guess Who's Back?

Folks, after a prolonged hiatus, I'm back. It seems so long ago since my last post, and so many things have happened since then, including Christmas, New Year, my birthday, and changes to Blogger. I've got a backlog of things to write about, going back to November. And I've resolved to do it.

First of all, Happy New Year to all of you readers. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, a wonderful holiday, and a good time on New Year's Eve. New Year's Eve was pretty quiet for me. I spent it in Auckland, in a house party with a bunch of new friends. An hour and a half in to the new year, the party stopped and everyone wanted to go to their respective houses. Not exactly my type of party. Oh well, I can't complain. I made up for it later, with a smashing birthday celebration.

I was supposed to go to KL for 3 weeks on work. I was all excited about it, even though it was tough work, and supposedly 14 hour days, 6 days a week. But that got cancelled at the last minute. ($%&#@^!!!). In retrospect, this is probably a good thing. It allows me to spend time in Melbourne and gives me time to catch up on all the things I've been meaning to do.

One more year gone by. The years are making a nasty habit of going by really quickly. I'm another year older. Bloody 28! It's that time of year when I usually make all these resolutions, most of which I do not keep. This time around, I've just been busy seeing places, meeting people, doing things. I haven't really sat down and given it much thought. But in the back of my mind, there's that little gnawing formation of a thought. A thought that's telling me I need to get my act together, make some plans, have some goals...that sort of thing.

Anyhoo, one thing I did want to do, as I mentioned earlier, is to blog more regularly. Maybe, just maybe, even put up a few pictures, (something this blog has been sorely missing).

It appears that the crap I write is more popular than I expected. To all of you who kept checking back over the last couple of months, and to those of you who kept asking for an update, thanks for waiting. I've finally listened.

So here we go. Rewinding back to November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The prodigal son returns. It begins. Among other things, this dude needs to meet with Stan, Gus, Roy, Jack, and Lee to figure out what were the 45 other ways to set myself free. You know you're getting old when gettin it on just ain't worth loosing sleep over!

- Kartik