Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Resurrection... (aka Wednesday I'd be Paul Simon)

Tuesday Morning 3am.

5 months and 4 days since the last post. It's a wonder that Blogger still has my details saved. I didn't have to log in. Whodathunk?

I'm waiting. Waiting for lots of things. Mainly sleep. But sleep is not coming. Actually, sleep came. We hung out for a few hours. Then sleep went. I watched Boston Legal on TV while eating rice, rasam and vendakai curry. I'm waiting for sleep to come back. Sleep is not returning in a hurry.

I bet Paul Simon has never eaten rasam and vendakai curry.

Much has happened since I last wrote. Much has happened this year that I haven't written about previously, since I was still stuck in November last year. Brief summary for those interested.

New Zealand trip in December/January. Very relaxing. Stayed mainly in Auckland, enjoying the South Indian hospitality and cooking of my housemate's family. Saw bits of the famed NZ countryside, did the bungee (very exciting), and went white-water rafting (most excellent). Caught up with old friends i didn't think I'd meet, once again proving the world is minuscule. Kicked off 28th birthday celebrations in Auckland, and then continued it in Melbourne, making it a truly global (well, southern hemispherical, if you must) birthday. Partied like I was 22. Still not getting any wiser or more mature.

Indonesia trip in January. Met off key chick friend. Jakarta was lots of fun. Not wanting to get into too much detail, but two volcanoes, one rainforest, plenty of ancient temples, bars, pubs , and one classic rock cafe later, I was sorry the holiday had to end. Not to mention that my friend had a maid and all I had to do was look in the direction of the kitchen and some snacks would be served. It was awesome...

February. 2 concerts. Roger Waters - simply superb. Eric Clapton - good, but right after Waters, not as great.

April. 2 concerts. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Mother Key!!!!!!! The Lemonheads. Enjoyable, but I didn't know too many of the songs. It was a free concert for me, because Penny Lane's uber-cool aunt and uncle bought me tickets.

Trip to Japan in April. It was one of the best holidays I've had yet. I think it was partly because of the sufficient amount of planning that went into it. I did next to no planning for the other two trips. That, and the fact that Japan is a beautiful place, it was cherry blossom season, and I got to hang out with one of my best friends. Highly recommended holiday spot!

Came back from Japan to find out just how much work can suck.

June. Short trip to India, to witness wedding of good friend. Survived various attempts by aunties in social network to get me married to randoms. Escaped with minor injuries and ominous threats of "You're next, young man. Soon your time will come!" still ringing in my ears.

August. Missed a Black Sabbath concert because of work. 'Tis not often i show this much dedication. Saw a Bob Dylan concert, and ended up wishing I had missed that too. Let me give it to you straight. Bob Dylan sucks. Bob Dylan is a goat. If he is playing in a concert near you, avoid it like brain cancer. You'd be much better off listening to his songs on CD.

Paul Simon, I believe, is not a goat.

I believe the circle of friends has undergone some major changes, what with people leaving the country, new friends being made, others getting engaged or married, and some others having babies. Still, the parties keep happening, and I keep celebrating Sunday on the Saturday night, and wake up wishing Monday didn't arrive. Just last week, I bid farewell to 3 good friends. Oh well you know, life goes on....

Oh, yes, slowly but surely, the Australian citizenship comes ever closer within my grasp. On Thursday September 13th, I will have to send off pledge and national anthem in a citizenship ceremony. Have half a mind to slyly sneak in "India is my Country. All Indians are my..." and "Jana Gana Mana..." and see what happens.

Anyhoo...I think sleep has returned. So has spring. Life, in the words of Tom Lehrer, is skittles, and life is beer! Wotaylouly!

Excuse me while I poison some pigeons in my sleep...

2 comments:

Tartrazina said...

ITS ALIVE! my gawddd, its alive!!! :-)

dazedandconfused said...

Good one. Hope we don't have to wait another 5 months for the next one...