Thursday, September 20, 2007

Minor achievements...and somewhat major celebrations

OK, I think this is getting to be a bad habit, where I update the blog only between 3-4 am on weeknights. Not cool, especially when I have so much work to do the next day.

Anyhoo...better than not updating it at all I suppose.

I wrote an incomplete post about some weekend adventures. Now it seems like many many weekends ago. But I shall complete it at some point. Until then...there's this.

As of September 13th, I am an Australian citizen. The true blue, beer-swilling, pie-eating, vegemite-fancying, waltzing Matilda type apparently. Though I must say I don't feel any different.

Felt a slight pang of guilt as I went through the ceremony, as I now have to renounce the Motherland. I guess the reality will hit when I get a new passport and I have to give the old one up. But, it's all for the best. The Aussie passport is my ticket to hassle-free visits to foreign lands, or so I hope.

Didn't exactly celebrate with great gusto, but coincidentally, the weekend following this little milestone, I went on a road trip with some mates (notice the sly inclusion of aussie terms), and had a massive drinking session, which I think is celebration enough for this.

Oh, yes, I also boought me a nice little electric guitar. A Fender Strat..70's re-issue, black. That, along with a Roland Cube 20, are now my new favourite things.

And now, I must go sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

careful with that axe, rael.

Karbert

Penny Lane said...

What is a Roland Cube 20?? And correct me if I'm wrong, but on Fri night/Sat morn, did we or did we not sing the Indian national anthem? That is also getting to be a habit!!!

GeekBeyondRedemption said...

So there should be a song uploaded to muziboo.com soon? :-)

Here's to hassle-free, Guantanamo-bay-less travel in your future ;-)...

dazedandconfused said...

cool man...am thinking of upgrading from my spanish soon but cannot work up the courage to make the investment...not sure if am good enough to splurge on it...u should upload some lessons you know...continue my education and all that...

Tartrazina said...

3 cheers to you RL! now don't wait till next year for you next post! :-)